Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blessings:Laura Story

This song was sung by the Champion Baptist College group. I really loved the song, so I looked it up on YouTube. It turns out that Laura Story wrote the song after her husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She spent years praying for her husbands healing,and it just wouldn't come. This is a quote she made in telling her story,"Maybe the blessing is found in the absence of the thing I'm praying for."
Her husband did get better. And through that trial came the song "Blessings." This song really helps in a hard time. It reminds me that everything happens for a reason! God has a plan! I'll admit I'm not into contemporary Christian,but I do L.O.V.E. this song! I hope it is a blessing to you!
-Emily
P.S.-Soon I will post a video tutorial for playing this on the piano.:)

1 comment: